To qualify as a registration clerk, one must:
- be a registered voter of Guam;
- not be holding an elective office;
- not be a candidate for office;
- not be an immediate relative of an elected official or candidate. (Immediate relative means: grandparent, step-grandparent, parent, step-parent, sibling, step-sibling, child, step-child, grandchild, step-grandchild, spouse, common-law, and/or in-law);
- be able to follow instructions;
- be able to attend an instructional seminar;
- be able to pass a standardized examination of the election laws; and
- not be a Director or Deputy Director of the Executive Branch, Administrative Director or Assistant Administrative Director of the Legislative or Judicial Branch.
SOURCE: GCA § 3110(a)
Persons wishing to become a Volunteer Voter Registrar may download the Volunteer Voter Registrar Application and submit it to the Guam Election Commission via email, fax, mail, or hand delivery – along with a valid form of identification.
Additionally, persons interested in becoming a Volunteer Voter Registrar may apply via email at email@example.com
All applicants are required to attend a training conducted by the Guam Election Commission prior to being deputized as a voter registrar. Registrar trainings will be held in the GEC Conference Room on the second floor of the Oka Building in Tamuning.
Please call the GEC at 477-9792 to sign up to attend a registrar training as space is limited.
2022 Volunteer Voter Registrar Training Schedule
|Wed., July 20, 2022||5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Fri., July 22, 2022||1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|