Chapters 1, 6, 8, 9, 15, and 17 of the Guam Code Annotated’s Title 3:Elections are specific to governing electoral candidates during times of election . There are also General Administrative Rules and Regulations that cover these laws’ implementation.
Candidate packets will be available beginning January 7, 2022. The Primary Election filing window begins on Tuesday, April 19, 2022 and ends on Tuesday, June 28, 2022. All affidavits, forms, etc. will be made available by the GEC. Petitions can now be picked up at our office and may require a signature of record for its release.
Thank you for you interest in the electoral processes of Guam. If you have further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Filing for Candidacy
Circulators should ensure that only registered voters sign petitions.
Prior to filing for candidacy, know that the following must be completed, as follows:
- Filing fee – $100.00 (Request receipt when filing)
- Certification of Qualifications
- Nominating Petitions
- Financial Disclosure Statement (If required)
- Organizational Report
- Candidate’s Information Card
- Police Clearance
- Court Clearances (U.S. District Court & Superior Court of Guam)
- Affidavit of Non-Conviction (3 GCA § 6110 )
It is incumbent upon all prospective candidates to read, understand, and comply with the provisions of the Election Laws of Guam. All required forms may be obtained at the Guam Election Commission’s office.
Candidate Information. These link to the Guam Compiler of Laws’ website:
- Governor & Lt. Governor Organic Act of Guam (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Non-Voting Delegate to the U.S. House of Representatives Organic Act of Guam (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Senator Organic Act of Guam (Links to Compiler of Laws), 3GCA §§6101-6103 (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Mayor and/or Vice-Mayor 5GCA, §40108. Mayors and Vice Mayors: Qualifications (links to the Compiler of Laws) 3GCA, §15205. Nomination of Papers – Number of Signers (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Public Auditor 1GCA, §1903. Public Auditor Election (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Attorney General 5GCA, §30101. Attorney General (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Education Board 17 GCA, §3102.3.b.1. Composition and Terms of Office for Board Members (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Consolidated Commission on Utilities 12GCA, §79101. Commissioners (Links to Compiler of Laws)