Chapters 1, 6, 8, 9, 16, and 19 of the Guam Code Annotated’s Title 3:Elections are specific to governing electoral candidates during times of election . There are also General Administrative Rules and Regulations that cover these laws’ implementation.
Candidate Election packets will be available by January 31 of 2014. The Primary Election filing deadline is July 3, 2014. All affidavits, forms, etc. will be made available by the GEC. Petitions can now be picked up at our office and may require a signature of record for its release.
Thank you for you interest in the electoral processes of Guam. If you have further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Candidate Packets are released by January 31, 2014
Petitioners should ensure that only registered voters sign petitions. To this end, we are working toward including a searchable voter database right here on this site.
Prior to filing nominating petitions, know that the following must be completed, as follows:
- Filing fee – $100.00 (Request receipt when filing)
- Certification of Qualifications
- Nominating Petitions
- Financial Disclosure Statement (If required)
- Organizational Report
- Candidate’s Information Card
- Police Clearance
- Signed affidavit attesting that the candidate has not been convicted for a felony or misdemeanor in any State or Territory of the United States, or foreign country (P.L. 26-171).
It is incumbent upon all prospective candidates to read, understand, and comply with the provisions of the Election Laws of Guam. All required forms may be obtained at the Guam Election Commission’s office.
Candidate Information, as per the Guam Code Annotated. These link to the Guam Compiler of Laws’ website:
- Governor & Lt. Governor
- Non-Voting Delegate to the U.S. House of Representatives
- Mayor and/or Vice-Mayor
- Public Auditor
- Attorney General
- Education Board
- Consolidated Commission on Utilities