Chapters 1, 6, 8, 9, 15, and 17 of the Guam Code Annotated’s Title 3:Elections are specific to governing electoral candidates during times of election . There are also General Administrative Rules and Regulations that cover these laws’ implementation.
Candidate Election packets will be available by January 29, 2016. The Primary Election filing deadline is June 28, 2016. All affidavits, forms, etc. will be made available by the GEC. Petitions can now be picked up at our office and may require a signature of record for its release.
Thank you for you interest in the electoral processes of Guam. If you have further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us.
2016 Election Candidate Packets are released by January 29, 2016
Petitioners should ensure that only registered voters sign petitions.
Prior to filing nominating petitions, know that the following must be completed, as follows:
- Filing fee – $100.00 (Request receipt when filing)
- Certification of Qualifications
- Nominating Petitions
- Financial Disclosure Statement (If required)
- Organizational Report
- Candidate’s Information Card
- Police Clearance
- Court Clearances (2 – U.S. District Court & Superior Court of Guam)
- Signed affidavit attesting that the candidate has not been convicted for a felony or misdemeanor in any State or Territory of the United States, or foreign country (3 GCA § 6110 ).
Filing deadline for candidates of the 2016 Primary Election is on Tuesday, June 28, 2016
The Guam Election Commission would like to invite all potential candidates to attend a Candidate Seminar available on the following dates:
CANDIDATE SEMINAR DATES & TIMES
Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:00pm-5:00pm
Wednesday, February 3, 2016 4:30pm-7:30pm
Tuesday, February 9, 2016 2:00pm-5:00pm
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:30pm-7:30pm
Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:00pm-5:00pm
Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:30pm-7:30pm
Wednesday, March 9, 2016 4:30pm-7:30pm
Wednesday, April 13, 2016 4:30pm-7:30pm
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 4:30pm-7:30pm
Wednesday, June 8, 2016 4:30pm-7:30pm
Wednesday, July 6, 2016 4:30pm-7:30pm
Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:30pm-7:30pm
It is incumbent upon all prospective candidates to read, understand, and comply with the provisions of the Election Laws of Guam. All required forms may be obtained at the Guam Election Commission’s office.
Candidate Information. These link to the Guam Compiler of Laws’ website:
- Governor & Lt. Governor Organic Act of Guam (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Non-Voting Delegate to the U.S. House of Representatives Organic Act of Guam (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Senator Organic Act of Guam (Links to Compiler of Laws), 3GCA §§6101-6103 (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Mayor and/or Vice-Mayor 5GCA, §40108. Mayors and Vice Mayors: Qualifications (links to the Compiler of Laws) 3GCA, §15205. Nomination of Papers – Number of Signers (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Public Auditor 1GCA, §1903. Public Auditor Election (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Attorney General 5GCA, §30101. Attorney General (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Education Board 17 GCA, §3102.3.b.1. Composition and Terms of Office for Board Members (Links to Compiler of Laws)
- Consolidated Commission on Utilities 12GCA, §79101. Commissioners (Links to Compiler of Laws)